Tuesday 7 June 2011

The First Feng Shui Cure for Our House

The first Feng Shui cure I wanted to tackle was the bed in the bedroom.  My friend Marian had told me that if we have a king size bed, the split box spring is bad Feng Shui.  She also explained how the beams in a room can create negative energy.  Well, we have a king size bed with the split box spring and beams in the ceiling of our bedroom! So, I researched online all about split box springs and beams.

The consensus to correct the bed is to put a fitted red sheet over the box springs to create a oneness.  The explanation I found about the effects of the split box spring is that it creates a separation between the two people sleeping in the bed.  If there is only one person in the bed then it can contribute to a dual personality!  That's pretty heavy!

 I searched all over the North Shore for a red king size fitted sheet.  This is not such an easy feat.  There are red sheets being sold, but they're all in sets, not always in king size and expensive!  Thanks to another friend who knows a lot of places to buy things in North Vancouver, I found a king size flat sheet sold singularly for $22!  I was able to talk them into giving me a further discount of 10% too!

I brought home the sheet yesterday and put it in place last night.  This was a bit hard to do by myself, but with my many muscles, I was able to wrestle the sheet into place and get it tucked under, fully covering the box springs.  In my research I keep finding that equality is important.  Things need to be completely equal on both sides and balanced.  Doing the task by myself I ended up with one side longer than the other.  Both sides are fully tucked under and the box springs are completely covered, so I'm hoping that the little bit of unbalanced length won't make any difference.  I'm not going to fix it!

I made the bed at the same time and while I was vacuuming the mattress I noticing how deep the dips from our bodies are in the mattress.  Especially when Mattress Company states that the mattress we bought doesn't get dips like this! I was remembering too how I always used to snuggle up to my honey in my sleep and almost push him off the other side of the bed, but in this house I don't do that.  I stay to my side of the bed and don't snuggle at all, even when it's cold.  I noticed this awhile ago and thought it was because he is always so warm and I just didn't want to make him uncomfortable.  After learning about the beams I noticed where they were in relation to the bed.  I couldn't believe my eyes!  The beams are quite far apart (4 feet, or a little less maybe?) and one lines up exactly with the high part of the bed in between the two dips from our bodies!!  The beam has been actually physically separating us!

Boy am I going to fix this quickly!  I need to find a natural material to make a canopy over the bed.  I'm thinking of pinning up the material to the ceiling to cover the beams.  The research states that I'll need something hardy, like linen or muslin, for protection from the compression of the energy coming down from the beams.  But where do I find a big sheet of linen or muslin?  Would rough silk do just as well?

Off to look for material.

No comments:

Post a Comment